“ I want to hide, but trees are falling down,
I want to hide, but mountains are melting,
I want to hide, but trees are falling down,
Let me sleep without dreaming.”
- Those Dancing Days | Help Me Close My Eyes
Q:What do you think of "sterek"? I think it's stupid... At least when people want them to be more than friends. I hate it when people make characters gay, just like I would hate it if they made a gay character straight. you know? :/
Well being a lesbian myself, I’m all for gay ships. However, I’m not fond of an entire fandom forcing two straight characters together and blatantly wishing death on any character who catches their eye.
For me the problem isn’t that they are two characters who’ve been in heterosexual relationships so far. It’s that there is no subtext for the two of them on the show at all.
I mean, I could see either of them as bi, and still not even consider the idea of pairing up these two, since both of them have far more subtext with at least one other male character.
Just saying, but Sciles, Scerek, Stanny, Scanny, Scisaac and Sciam make far more sense coming from the actual show’s storyline and characters than Sterek ever would. Yet a lot of the people shipping sterek even completely ignore the show’s canonical gay char Danny as anything more than background fodder because all they want to see is the basic trope of sarcastic geek with broody guy without even considering if their characterization fits the chars they’re shipping. (which is why Stiles is ooc in the majority of Sterek fics I’ve seen so far).
hey but really i don’t see how the whole walking on your toes thing is going to keep people from noticing you. in fact people were probably like wtf is up with Jem Walker why does she walk on her toes all the time? idk man i’m js
that’s the thing with kids, they often do things that don’t make sense to anyone but themselves. Like not walking on cracks in the road and stuff like that.
Q:I love how, in Jem's words, Kieren is a "kind, gentle person". Even when he gets angry he doesn't resort to violence, even when it would be totally understandable that he would out of sheer rage (e.g. when he goes see Bill after he killed Rick). But despite being gentle and kind he still stands his ground. He doesn't let people push him, or anyone he cares about, around. And he finds ways to stand up for himself without having to prove he can physically dominate people (as e.g. Gary does).
When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
GET REBLOGGING PEOPLE.
Q:Do you have any advice on writing something that you feel is ridiculous?
I get second-hand embarrassment very easily when I write, and honestly how I deal with it is just plowing through and telling myself that as long as I’m getting something done I’m doing a good job. I can change it later when I’m editing and rewriting! Finding a good soundboard to bounce ideas with is also integral for me, because I can describe the situation for them, what it means for the character(s) involved, what goals my character(s) have in that scene, the psychological layers they have, and tie it with larger chapters and then the overarching plot. Seriously, there have been many a time where I’ve just given up on a sentence or idea because I thought it was too wholly awful and ridiculous and gone tearfully to a friend who has coaxed me through all the hard decisions. Sometimes it’s just a case of needing a second opinion and having a really good Team you to get you through moments of anxiety.
I just really want to see his face when he realizes that the first scene in the supermarket is a flashback from the zombie’s pov, instead of that of the survivors.
SHIRLY WILSON IS THE FUCKING BEST
alan713ch replied to your post “Hoping to get some help. I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but I’m going…”
I may be able to pitch in for one, but he’s very reticent about taking commissions. I once offered to pay full price for a fifteen minute short and he said he didn’t have the time (and it was recently) so you may have to do a lot of convincing.
yeah, I know what you mean.
My biggest problem is how to convince him without spoiling him. Think it would be too much to say that it’s a zombie show that features a canonically bisexual protagonist with mental issues?
I mean, he does love zombies, doesn’t he?
I’d also have to add a lot of trigger warnings, but still…
Hoping to get some help.
I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but I’m going to try and have Mark, from Mark Reads and Mark Watches, to watch and make a reaction video for In the Flesh.
I just bought one commission, which is hopefully enough for the first ep, though I might have to pay for extra time, not sure yet.
The problem is, I don’t have much money, so I was kinda hoping to find other people interested in making a commission for at least the other two eps of the first season. (or even better, the second season as well)
I just think that this is exactly the kind of show that Mark would like and well… who knows, best case scenario, if he’s seen and talks about it, it might get it some more attention.
Anyone interested in helping out?